Strategies to advance informal STEM education in expanded learning settings.
Frontiers in Urban Science Exploration is a national initiative led by Every Hour Counts which seeks to institutionalize engaging, inquiry-based, informal STEM education. The FUSE Resource Guide is grounded in the experience of our partners over the past three years and profiles promising strategies that advance informal STEM learning.
The guide features:
- Core elements of high-quality informal STEM education.
- Overview of the Every Hour Counts FUSE national demonstration, profiles of promising city- and county-wide initiatives, and lessons learned in working to bring informal STEM education to scale.
- Curriculum resources to advance informal STEM learning.
- Strategies to inform the development of comprehensive evaluation plans that assess the impact of STEM education in informal settings.
- Funding sources and partnerships to support the continued growth and long-term sustainability of informal STEM education programs.
- A look ahead at what's next for the informal STEM education field.
- A reference list of resources to help support the development of inquiry-based STEM learning opportunities in expanded learning systems.